Friday, February 20, 2009

Slow down

Let me tell you about my last couple of days. I am doing this to hopefully put a stop to the madness; you know like, if you talk about it, it will go away.
So yesterday morning I woke up at 7:05 and I normally leave my house at 7:20; so I had to forego my shower and was trying to get dressed with eyes that were very droopy and glued shut with eye boogers; I woke up Jesse and sent him stumbling in with droopy boogery eyes to wake up Paige who also woke up with droopy boogery eyes and her normal massive mop of amazing bedhead. In an instant she was bright-eyed and and as I have already noted, very bushy-tailed...so Jesse had to snap to it and keep up with her. Anyway - good thing I work at a trucking company and was able to throw on a pair of jeans, my sneakers and a hooded sweatshirt. (I later learned that I had put my undies on inside out, and put on mismatched socks). I looked my best and was grateful for a hair tie that applied nicely to a greased back ponytail. Paige didn't get her bath, which I'm sure she didn't miss, and I put her bushy tail in a ponytail (which did not come close to looking as cute as the ponytail pictured to the right) and left her bangs going everywhere and we ran out the door. I was only 10 minutes late to work. Going up the stairs I tripped on the stair and made all kinds of noise and caught all kinds of embarassing attention. The rest of my day went well at work. But then...we had made plans to go to the Griz basketball game and after getting home we had to quickly turn around and go to the game; in my rush of climbing into the Tahoe I slipped with both feet right down and off of the running board and scraped, bruised, and bumped my shins causing the most excruciating pain that made me cry and whine all the way to the game. Then, the game was soooo disappointing and Paige wet her pants right through her diaper and I had forgotten her diaper bag at home. We left the game at few minutes early and didn't look back.
Well - this morning, once again I woke up late - luckily, it wasn't as late as yesterday and I had time for a shower and the normal morning routine - however, the normal routine had to be in high speed. So while I was throwing my lunch together I spilled the rice all over the counter and dropped the frozen veggie bag on the floor which of course spilled...and then my wonderful husband who is always full of excellent words of wisdom said to me, "Brenda, just slow down!" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....that's the same thing my teachers told me in first, second, and third grade when I used to fall down on the playground and put holes in my knees and tights...and the same thing my parents and the cops have been telling me for years!
This madness must stop - as slowing down pertains to my mornings, it requires that I go to bed earlier. Oh and I am getting another cold which will be the third one in a matter of three weeks; pretty sure that would be solved too if I got more sleep.
So...moral of the story - slow down and get more sleep. Easier said than done.

4 comments:

The Parsons Family said...

Brenda - what a wonderful way to end my Friday afternoon here at school. Reading your blog just made me laugh!! Unfortunately, I am always telling some of my students to "hurry up". I can't imagine what would happen if I told them to slow down - mmmm, maybe I should try it and see. Maybe they would then hurry up!!!
Aunt Elaine

Dale or Bonnie said...

oooooooowwwwwwwwww how's the shins? You know there is an old fashioned statement that I have heard all my life: "The hurry-ider I go, the behinder I get!" and another one: "Haste makes waste" and so at times when I'm doing some of the same kind of stunts, I think of these and realize they really are true, but HOW DO you SLOW down when you need to hurry and are already late?? Oh Brenda, how do I love thee? With all my heart! Mom (OH ya, P.S... I came here hoping to see some pictures of rainbow bright!)

MaryAnn said...

Oh too funny. Isn't that just how it goes when you don't need the hinderances to rob you of the precious little time you NEED!

Thanks for reminding me on Facebook - I've been soooo behind on catching up on blogs and I enjoy them so much - go figure.

Anyway, thanks for all you post and the wonderful pictures. Paige is growing so much and is sooooo adorable.

Miss you up here! :-(

Joellyn said...

I can so relate to this madness. Must run in the family.