Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cute

I am sitting here on my lunch break and actually don't have homework or discussion boards to work on - well I could be reading about accounting and taxation (actually very interesting class), but I left my book at home. So now I can just enjoy my lunch with blog posting!

Isn't it amazing how we suddenly, after having children in our lives, have new appreciation and excitement for certain things we never did before? This lady I work with came to me and said, "My husband donated to the local police and we got these stickers in the mail; he asked me if I knew of anyone who would have use for them, and I immediately thought of you!" So...she brought me the stickers from the police department. They are purple...there are 8. They kind of look like a mini bumper sticker or something - one of them says, "Keep our kids safe!" Another one says, "Be Brave. Tell your parents or teachers if anything strange happens to you." Another one says, "Be a honey, stick with your parents." Another one says, "Walk home with a friend." Another one says, "Police are your friends" (I'm going to add a line to that one that says, 'until you're driving.'...and the last one says, "Don't ride with strangers."
Ok so the stickers are pretty neat and I imagined right away how cute it will be to put one of them on the back of her little purple four-wheeler...just like a little bumper sticker! Cute huh? I think it'll be the one that says, "Keep our kids safe!" And then we can put another one on her lunchbox...well her lunchbox is so cute and might not have a good spot for a sticker. Her lunchbox is another thing I got totally excited about. Every Friday is sack-lunch day at daycare; for the first month of daycare poor little Paige was the ONLY kid at daycare who's lunch was actually in a sack (brown bag!)...did you know that lunchboxes are impossible to find after the back to school season is over? But, thanks to eBay, I found an adorable classic tin lunchbox with CareBears blowing bubbles with bubble gum. It's soooo cute...and Paige loves to carry it around. Which is really cute to see. So yeah, the stickers and the lunchbox - very exciting little things.
Children teach you how to 'stop and smell the roses' and enjoy the little things in life. Jesse has been trying to teach me that for years - when we were on our honeymoon in Jamaica he kept stopping to look at the little lizards and snails on the sidewalks and I was like, yawn..."c'mon!" ...but now if Paige wants to stop and look at a rock, I get down there with her and look at the cute little rocks. And then it's nostalgic, because I suddenly remember how I used to have a rock collection! So...there was a day when I was excited about rocks too.
I think I used cute alot in this. cute. that's pretty cute.

4 comments:

Dale or Bonnie said...

well, thats not so amazing... that you used "cute" so much... after all you are telling about things involving our granddaughter! By the way... we wish we cd see that cute little one!

The Parsons Family said...

Thanks for the birthday wish, Paige. Wish you were here to sing "Happy Birthday" to me. I remember how you liked to sing that. Have fun at day care and I am sure glad you don't have to take a "brown bag" anymore!!!
Travis

Amber said...

Hey Brenda
So I definitely need to update my blog. I don't have very many followers so never think it's necessary but I'll try and get one up for you:) We would love to see you. I'm sure we can all agree that this school,work,parenting, marriage thing we all got going on is CRAZY!!! I could use your humor to lighten up the moment! Hopefully soon!I love looking atlittle Paige and your Blog. She is adorable and really looking more like a big girl!!! Too cute:)

Joellyn said...

I tried to post a comment but it doesn't look like it came through. Just wanted to say that I love hearing about the little "cute" moments that keep us young(er) :)