Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cake of the Year - Part 2

I decided to first post My Inspiration:










Pink Princess 1st Birthday Childrens Cake








Some cakes are totally amazing, some are mediocre...I totally cannot do Fondant or whatever it is...so you see, I thought I knew my limits but could still make a fabulous castle cake. Couldn't I?






Well, turns out my cake was LESS than medicore, waaaaaaaaaaay less.








WHAT IS THAT??!?!?!?!?







Now to be fair to myself, of course the above picture is missing the most crucial parts of the castle - the towers. Which were the only part of the whole thing that I made that actually worked. We stopped at Costco and got a big flat white cake, I still used the towers and the Princesses and made a Castle Courtyard cake instead. It worked.






Now I laugh at myself - I mean seriously...a fabulous castle cake can only be done by someone with experience. Something I certainly don't have! Now...if I could make a castle cake out of an excel spreadsheet, then we would be in business!






3 comments:

Joellyn said...

Ha ha ha :) at first I looked at the second picture and thought you didn't do bad at all- then I scrolled and saw that was still part of your inspiration. :) Oh well, I do beleive it's the thought that counts and I'm sure Paige loved it! I once made a ladybug cake for Sarah and by the time I got the frosting red enough it tasted like chemical. I still used it for pictures and I had to make a second cake for eating. :)

Anonymous said...

Brenda, it is so obvious to me from the big smile on Paige's face that she loved her birthday cake. That's what matters! You are a wonderful mother, even if you aren't Susie Homemaker.

Love,

Betty

Anonymous said...

Well Let me tell You Brenda, Paiges cake "WAS THE CAKE of OUR YEAR". WE all thought it was a beautiful cake for a beautiful little princess!! In the years to come she will look at it in pictures and tell everyone what a beautiful cake it was, just like she does the Care Bear Cake that you made her for her 2nd birthday that she loves looking at.
Gramma lin

and by the way Susie homemaker hasn't got a chance of keeping up with you!