Saturday, January 29, 2011

Nesting?

2 things I've been super disappointed about with my pregnancies - (1) where is the weird craving? I've never craved a weird food. Like 1 thing that I just had to eat everyday. It would be 'fun' to actually be like, "Oh, man I need to have 4 pickles a day!" (2) That so-called boost of energy they call "nesting." I look around and just get overwhelmed. I make a to-do list and never do it...well maybe I do get around to checking off some to-do boxes but it's 5 weeks after I've written them down.

I get babycenter.com pregnancy updates. For those of you who don't know about it, you can sign up with your e-mail address, give them your due date, and you receive a weekly e-mail counting your week and telling you all about the development of your baby during that week, what size your baby is (in comparison to a certain food, weird), and then all sorts of other intersting memos.

This one caught my attention:
"Four Household Chores to Avoid during Pregnancy"
My first thought - Hmmm....what can I get out of doing and pass along to my husband? heehee.
According to the article, here are the 4 chores to avoid:
Here are four household chores to avoid during pregnancy:

1. Moving Furniture
2. Change your cat's litter box
3. Using Ant or Roach Spray
4. Hold off of Refinishing Furniture

Really? That is the list? Talk about a bunch of no-brainers. And a TOTAL let-down...I already do NONE of the above. What about cleaning toilets, scrubbing floors, doing dishes, and picking up toys? Those things really are NOT easy to do right now but they're not on the list so I guess I have to keep doing them. Booooo.

Speaking of picking up toys - Paige's latest:
Mommy: "Paige, before you get your snack you need to pick up your puzzle that you dumped out all over the floor right there."
Paige: "Ummm, how about Momma do it? I too little."

In the next conversation:
Mommy: "Paige, Mommy needs you to please throw you garbage in the garbage can."
Paige: "No, just Momma do it, my tummy too big."

And in another conversation:
Mommy: "Paige, please put your boots and coat on, it is really cold outside."
Paige: "I too fat."

I swear, I don't use the tummy too big/ fat excuse very often! In fact, only when I tell her that I can't pick her up and carry her anymore. She sure does catch on fast!

4 comments:

Joellyn said...

You crack me up, girl!

The Parsons Family said...

What a smart girl! She learns fast.

Benjamin Ranch said...

Things we say around our kids sometimes come back to haunt us! :) Hope you are being good to yourself...I know taking it easy is 'easier said than done' when you have lots of responsibilities.

Anonymous said...

i never had these 2 things either. some days it would've been nice to have a craving so you'd know what to eat! :) and the nesting thing...i sure could've used it!

february is finally here! we'll soon be meeting the new little one! thank goodness, huh? :)

love ya
rah