Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Last Week in Pictures

A little smelly after she pets and hugs the dog but she sure loves her! Oh well I guess it's ok and I'm glad that she doesn't have my psychophobia of animals. She even likes kitties ~ mind you, we won't be taking ownership of any of the above. At least I can always argue that they are too expensive...NO pets until we have enough kids, nice vehicles, a house and we can't think of any other way to spend money, then maaaayyyybeee, but only if its like Carmen, very low maintenance and no messy in the yardy.
You know that reminds me. That whole "Never say never..." Oh it got me bad. "I'll NEVER drink coffee." (Little did I know that someday I would fall in love with Lattes and Iced Coffees). "I'll never live in a place like THIS!" (Little did I know that my newly-wed year would be spent living in the very trailer court that I swore I'd never live in when my parents first bought it...) "I'll never..." Yes, Never say Never for it will become your destiny. So, I just jinxed myself, watch and we'll have a puppy and 2 cats of our own before long.
Anyway, away from that tangent and back to my pictures...


Paige loves her cousin Hannah. Sorry Hannah for this momentary failure to support your head, but I assure you it was supported the rest of the time when I wasn't taking pictures. (And I didn't just let it flop over, it was a gentle settle). Grandma bought them matching dresses which were super cute for the baby shower. Hannah is a little sweetie!
Saturday morning sunrise over the river bend. Can't complain about that. There are usually a whole string of deer crossing the river single-file, it's pretty cool...the other morning there were even some Bambi's - isn't it too early for that? Maybe they were just midget deer. Anyway, bring on spring and summer, the faster the better! Well...we don't that river to rise too fast...although I'm not the least bit worried about flooding. WHAT has happened to me? Am I really talking about this? Next I'll be quoting you stuff from the Farmer's Almanac.
Our little bookworm. I just love that she sits in this little pink chair (below) and reads through her entire collection of books; it is a very nice way to keep her occupied while I work on homework. At bedtime she has five books that she reads before laying down and going to sleep; she makes me lay down and 'sleep' while she reads and most of the time I really do fall asleep and then she hits me on the head to show me something and no sooner do I wake up and look at what she wants to show me does she push my head back down into the pillow and tell me to go back to sleep. This whole process begins at about 8:45ish (more like 9:00) and the other night at 10:15 Jesse came in to the bedroom to find me totally zonked and Paige wide awake, who then pretended to sleep when Jesse walked in. Haha.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really really want to see this little angel, hopefully sooner than later!! She is so stinkin cute and I love reading about her little personality!! :) Always remember PAige.....there are 3, yes 3 very handsome, mellow, newman boys for you to choose from, you must pick one:)

Paige's Parents said...

Oh she will if I have anything to do with it Amber!!! Gosh, what a decision to make though...picking between those three.

Danelle Parsons said...

Paige is such a cutie!!!!! Miss you guys!

Benjamin Ranch said...

Your stories make my day and crack me up...keep them coming! Loved your bedtime story :) too true about "never say never"

Elissa & Logan said...

aww. we used to make mom or dad lay down with us at bedtime (until we were like 10 but dont tell anyone that..)and yeah, they usually fell asleep first. then we would put barrets in dads hair...haha!
oh, and the top picture on paige on the left side matches your backround perfectly!! :)

Anonymous said...

She sure is getting "grown up" and has an adorable personality. I love Paige and Hannah's matching dresses. Too cute.

Aunt Betty

Heather said...

aawww shes so sweet! she can come read all our books.