Saturday, May 23, 2009

M Hill (Mount Sentinel)

We had the best saturday so far since we've moved to Missoula! Jesse finally had the whole day off, and we finally had perfect weather. We slept in as long as Paige let us, we had some eggs for breakfast and then took off to seize the day. We borrowed a child-carrier backpack from my boss and we headed to M hill. Paige wanted momma to carry her instead of dadda, which wasn't part of the plan, but it worked out just fine. We hiked to the top and enjoyed the view. (See below).
Then we came home for a quick lunch and found out that Splash MT had it's season opening day today...which I have been waiting for all winter! So we decided to bring Paige to the pool. We floated together on a big tube around the 'lazy river' and then let Paige splash around in the kiddie pool for awhile. Afterwards we came home for a quick bite and then went to Bonner Park (very nice play park) and met our friend Kate (Chris had to work) and their dog for some nice summer evening play time. Paige of course, loved the slides and swing.
I just finished up with my daily dose of homework and it wasn't really too bad - I mean, as good as taxation can be...don't get me wrong I'm kind of a nerd and totally into it...at least when the sun isn't shining anymore.

Here are some pictures from where we stood. It was an easy hike - we're not much of the outdoorsey hikey type people - (not Glacier Lily material), but this hike is about perfect. Anyway, I am really starting to love Missoula. The downtown has a little bit more of the metropolitan downtown city feel, and the bridges going over the river at three locations are fun to drive over every morning and at night the lightposts that I have always loved are all over! I'll do another posting about light posts that I love...for now here is Missoula as we saw it today:




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We walked to the original M in Bozeman Yesterday and took pictures of the Gallatin Valley. With an elevation of 6000, it was a bit of a shock to some of our systems. Beautiful scenery! If I could afford a home here and could find a job, I just might have to move here. Thanks for sharing your photos. Maybe one day I can show mine with you.

Love,

Aunt Betty

Paige's Parents said...

Why don't you start a blog Aunt Betty? You could easily share those pictures then! AND you'll have a new house to show off soon...so....

Benjamin Ranch said...

Brenda, I love that you are loving where you are "planted". Thanks for sharing the view and about your special and fun day.

Kristi Figarelle-Lucero said...

Hey!
I loved your comment about my Barbies. I loved those things!
I am wondering if that was the time you re-arranged my living room furniture or took the table runner out from under my Barbie television. This is only a vague memory! haha! So anyways... we hiked the "M" in Bozo this weekend.. I see my mom already posted about it. The comment about it being a shock to our systems was referring to me.. I was a huge baby up there!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Brenda. I really should start a blog of my own. If only I can talk Kristi into giving me the cord to the digital camera she handed down to me. Then I need someone to teach me. Anyway, maybe one day. I love your post about Memorial Day too. That is a great reminder.

Betty