Thursday, December 18, 2008

Blonde Moments

I was headed out to start my car about 20 minutes before time to go home from work, and I asked a co-worker if she would like me to start her car for her, of course she handed over her keys and told me where she was parked. I started my car and then headed around to the other side of the building, and put the key in the door, it didn't turn, but I opened the door anyway and had a fleeting thought of, "hmmm, guess she forgot to lock her door." So then I am trying and trying...and trying and trying...to get the key in the ignition and finally gave up. I went in and said, "Frances, I can't get your keys in the ignition!" Well...we finally figured out that I had gotten into the wrong car; which explains alot of things. Maybe you had to be there, but it was pretty funny and definitely a time when I felt very blonde!

But as I always say...at least blondes have an excuse!

My next blonde moment story is a little more embarassing. So there is a truck driver who hauls frequently into Kalispell and almost always brings a load to Bitney's furniture; Jesse and I have a good friend named Lance who's dad owns Bitney's and Lance is working there and next in line to take the business over...so this driver apparently heard from Lance that he had a friend who worked at Watkins and Shepard and to keep an eye out for me. This driver also happens to be one of the loudest most obnoxious guys ever - but he is very nice and very funny. He quickly makes friends with everyone in the office and he always has a new Lance story for me...or he calls Lance from his cell phone and makes me get on the phone and say, "This is Barry's new secretary, just wanting to let you know that he's bringing in a load of Stanton this afternoon." Lance fell for it the first time, but of course it's getting kind of old now. Well anyway...one night I had a dream that this driver brought Lance into the office to say hi to me. Wierd, I know. Anyway, the next morning when he comes into the office I was not careful with my choice of words and said to the driver, "Hey! You were in my dream last night!" He hugged me and said, "Woo-hoo, really? That's awesome!" And then proceeded to yell at the top of his lungs, "Hey everyone, did you hear that? Brenda's dreaming about me at night!" He also told the CFO downstairs, one of the guys in the shop, and one of the dispatchers - I fear I will never live this down. So here I go telling everyone else about it on my blog- but why not share a laugh over it...I mean the damage is already done.

3 comments:

Benjamin Ranch said...

Everybody loves a person who can laugh at her or himself. Keep it up, this world needs more laughs about now. We are looking forward to a laughing good time together at Christmas! Linda

Danelle Parsons said...

Jeeze Brenda what are you doing dreaming about all the men you work with :) Too funny. You have to watch what you say to those old men. I know I have been trying to keep up to date on my blog. It is so cold here today that my window is frosted on the inside!! So maybe i need another vacation to a warm place :) Miss you!!!

Heather said...

you are hilarious brenda, thanks for making me laugh!! come see us during the holidays, pleeease..