Saturday, November 15, 2008

For Heather...and anyone else who cares

Heather, I'm so glad you are interested in our little life :) I love to read your blog...I spend more time blog hopping than coming up with things for my own! My other excuse is I have been up late too many nights working on homework. Here is the update since Halloween - Paige started in daycare. It is called Mother Goose and Gander and there are sooo many kids. It is actually a Child Development Center so she gets to learn how to read good too (what is that line from the movie Zoolander?) haha. She loves it, she loves the kids and it has been great so far.

My classes are going well. Right now they are Presentation Speaking and International Economics. Econ is a great class to be in right now, we have some great topics to discuss and I feel very smart now. Presentation Speaking is interesting - we have to give our presentations or speeches to a webcam and then upload it to i-Tunes. This online learning environment is great - it is not as hard to give a speech to your computer as it is to get up in front of a whole bunch of people! haha.

More on Paige - she bites me when she's mad...but no one else (except for her teddy bears)! Question for Moms - What do I do? Here is what I have done - snipped her in the mouth and set her on the floor. Then it's like we are in a fight and it seems childish on my part.
Other than that she is a doll and so much fun - the other day I was reading a book to her called "Go Dogs Go" and I get really animated when I say that because it is fun...and she now tries to say it..."do dah dooo." And because I am so fun when I read it, we read it all the time. :)
What else...oh, her grandparents bought her a baby and a stroller which she loves to play with soooo much. The stroller has a bottom compartment, much like real strollers do...and she has a smaller baby that she puts in there - he never comes out. I wonder if she remembers how Kenna rode in the stroller, and Jarris rode below. (See pictures below in previous post from when we were with Luke and Tammia in Chicago).

My blogging thoughts of late - politics, racism, and "my favorite things"
I'm nervous to post anything about politics or racism, but feel I need to to get it off my chest. Should I do it?

"My favorite things" will be coming soon.

Oh, and P.S. to Heather and her blog voters- I LOVE music on blogs. Why did so many people respond that they don't like music? Music always adds emotion and feeling, doesn't it?

One more P.S. - To Ellen and Quiana - I finally went through my two big pink tubs of shoes and counted them; I have 41 pairs of shoes and I just remembered that I forgot to include three pairs of boots. Do I win? I'm not proud - how ridiculous is that? 44 pairs! Actually, most of them have been in my closet for a few years. I decided to get rid of some and could only part with 3 pairs. What's a girl to do?

5 comments:

Heather said...

thank you !! We were eondering if you guys were still around! I think you should definantly write about politics on your blog, we need some more insight other than my ignorant opinion! Its nice to have diversity, plus you get alot of comments!!Thanks for sharing and paige keeps getting cuter and cuter!

Amber said...

Brenda
I love reading your Blog. So is grandma not babysitting anymore or what happened to that. I think there are so many positives to daycare even though it's hard to have them there. Sometimes I want to take Noah for a couple hours just for socialization and crafts etc. They learn so much. I love the shoes. You have me beat for sure but that doesn't say much. I don't think i've bought new shoes other than one garage sale this summer for like over a year. I'm lame:) Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brenda! I would love to hear your opinion(s) on politics & racism....always love to hear different perspectives.

Jack was a bad biter & Mia is now too! Another mother told me to bite him back...I had a hard time doing that...Wayne on the other hand, did not! I would flick his mouth & give him a toy to bite on. I would love more ideas tho'...my sensitive little Mia doesn't take the flicks so well!

Ellen said...

Quiana was a biter too . . . I finally did the mean thing and bit her back . . . it only took a time or two and she never did it again.

Thanks for the shoe insight - I think you are the winner . . . and you should be since you included a photo - Quiana just said "I'm impressed" when she looked at it.

Thanks for sharing about your life - and YES - you should post about politics - remember it IS your blog - and it might not be much longer that you actually CAN voice your thoughts!

tjp said...

I loved your update, Brenda!
Kenna LOVED "Go Dog Go" at that age and would sit there and say, "go dog go dog go dog go dog..." Fun.
Neither of my kids were biters, so I can't help you on that one. Jarris is a loud squawker, though.
Ooooh...I would love to read your thoughts on politics, although I understand your hesitancy. I'm deciding that in the political world nothing's as cut-&-dried as it seems (or as I once thought, anyway). As Heather said, diversity is great! It's what makes our country interesting (as long as we all respect each other).