Saturday, August 29, 2009

Time for something a little easier on the eyes




This was a plant given to me for Mother's Day from Dad and Mom; I told Jesse that HIS mother's day present to me was keeping it alive. So thanks to him - we have managed to keep a plant alive and well since May (uh, is that when Mother's Day is?)
Now - this is some type of ivy I am told...So who knows anything about ivy's? Not me!
It's alive and well, but it's like a grown-out hair-dye job, the roots are ugly. About 3 inches up from the dirt every part is brown, crispy and seemingly dead. BUT - flowers are still blooming and the vines(?) are getting longer. What do we do next?
It's almost too long for the planter it's currently in. Hmmmm...If it were roses I'd just hang the roses to dry and decide a few weeks later that I have no use for dried roses and toss them. But this...this is different. Heeeelllppp!

1 comment:

Benjamin Ranch said...

It looks pretty good to me... but I'm not so great at keeping plants in prime shape, either, so I won't offer any adivice